The Benefits of Face and Body Massage Using Aromatherapy Oils
Who doesn't love a face and body massage? We certainly do, with the right ambience, a scented candle and an aromatherapy oil you'll be taken away, destressing you and leaving you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
Massage therapy is more than relaxing me-time. Studies continue to prove the emotional and physical benefits of massage even after one treatment. Here are some of the benefits of body and face massage:
Benefits of Face Massage
- Total skin rejuvenation through an improved muscle and skin tone- lines and slack contours will appear less obvious.
- Facial massage stimulates the blood circulation bringing fresh oxygen to the skin which increases collagen and elastin formation; a natural form of anti-ageing products.
- The lymphatic system is stimulated therefore skin colour is improved, toxins and waste products are eliminated revealing a brighter, clearer complexion.
- Dark circles and puffiness around the eyes are improved.
- Promotes general relaxation therefore relaxes the clients facial muscles.
- Nourishes and feeds the skin improving the texture and tone of the skin.
Benefits of Body Massage
- Relieves stress – stress can manifest on the body in many ways both emotionally and physically. Massage can improve the mental and physical wellbeing of the mind and body.
- Encourages relaxation – Rest, Restore and Repair. Massage has been shown to help the body enter a relaxing rest and repair mode, an effect that lingers long after the massage has finished.
- Improves circulation – The pressure form a massage stimulates the blood and lymphatic systems, allowing the body to de-stress and detox resulting in an improved body function.
- Improves flexibility and posture – massage helps joints become more fluid, making you more flexible and less prone to injury.
- Relaxed muscles – massage can increase blood flow to the muscle, reducing inflammation and stiffness.
- Promotes deeper breathing – One of the warning signs of stress and anxiety is constricted breathing. Massage encourages deeper breathing, training the body to relax.
- Relieves Headaches – massage helps ease tension, pressure and pain. By focusing on the shoulders, neck and head massage can decrease the pain and discomfort brought on by migraines or tension headaches.
- Improves the appearance of cellulite.