Skin Care Routine
Step 1: Cleanse
1. Using the cleanser that is suitable for your skin type, put an amount the size of a 5p coin on a spatula or in the palm of your (clean) hands.
2. Using upward strokes, massage into the skin. Cleansers are designed to flush out the pores. Massage in upward strokes to ensure you are going against ‘gravity’ and the direction of fine lines, which will help smooth them out. Cleansing is important even if you don’t wear make-up.
3. Remove cleanser according to the cleanser instructions, which is with a dampened muslin or facecloth, or if you are using a wash-off cleanser, rinse clear with warm water.
4. At the end of your day, if you are wearing eye make-up, use Go Easy eye make-up remover first, then cleanse the rest of your face.
Tip – in spa facials we always double cleanse as sometimes one cleanse isn’t enough to fully clean the skin of impurities, oil and dirt. So on special spa-at-home days, why not do a double cleanse too!
Step 2: Tone
Many people mistakenly skip this product but think of it like this: would you miss the rinse cycle out of your washing machine? Of course not. Likewise, with a good toner such as Toning Essence – it’s the ‘rinse cycle’ of your skincare routine.
1. Spray toner on to a fresh piece of dampened cotton wool pad.
2. Wipe over face and neck.
Step 3: Moisturise
1. Apply 1-2 (light) pumps of your favourite moisturiser on to your fingers. We recommend one of our SPF day moisturisers which will keep your beautiful skin protected throughout the day.
2. Massage upward and outward all over the face and neck. Make-up can be applied over this now. In the evening (before bed), or on a rest day, you could replace your normal moisturiser with Repose aromatherapy resting cream. Massage in long upward circular strokes, inhale the gorgeous aroma as you do, and have a great night’s sleep!
Step 4: Special Attention
Now is the time to apply any special attention products that you want to use. Here are our favourites:
Exalt firming neck gel – put a 5p amount on the back of your hand. Rub the backs of your hands together and stroke or roll them up your neck, smoothing out the skin with the flat part of the back of your hands as you go.
Be Strong strengthening treatment serum - pump once on to your finger (a little goes a long way), then with both hands press gently in to the face and neck. The serum is quickly absorbed and there is no need to massage it in.
Windows of the Soul eye treatment – apply one drop on to your wedding finger, then tap lightly in to the skin around your eye (not on the actual lid itself).
Life Defence SPF 25 for face – if you are going to be spending any time outdoors, it’s always a good idea to apply your SPF now. Using only a very light layer, massage upwards and outwards. A moisturiser can be applied over the top, or you can use the Life Defence as your moisturiser for the day.