A good skincare routine is essential for keeping your skin healthy, youthful and radiant. Here at Temple Spa, we are dedicated to providing you with the very best products for all skin types, but also believe in offering our expert advice so you can achieve the best results from your skincare regime. That’s why we’ve put together a set of skincare routines for all your needs. As well as our recommended basic, everyday, step-by-step skincare routine laid out here, we’ve also got specialised routines for when you have a particular need or occasion.
Basic Skincare Routine
Step 1: Cleanse
- Wash your hands.
- At the end of your day, if you are wearing eye make-up, use eye make-up remover before cleansing the rest of your face.
- Using a cleanser that is suitable for your skin type (check our cleanser FAQ if you’re not sure), put an amount the size of a 5p coin on a spatula or in the palm of your hands.
- Using upward strokes, massage into the skin. Cleansers are designed to flush out the pores. Massage in upward strokes to ensure you are going against ‘gravity’ and the direction of fine lines, which will help smooth them out. Cleansing is important even if you don’t wear make-up.
- Remove the cleanser with a dampened muslin or facecloth, or if you are using a wash-off cleanser, rinse clear with warm water.
Tip – in spa facials we always double cleanse, as sometimes one cleanse isn’t enough to fully clean the skin of impurities, oil and dirt. So on special spa-at-home days, why not do a double cleanse too!
Step 2: Tone
A lot of people choose to skip this step, but think of it like this: would you miss the rinse cycle out of your washing machine? Of course not. Using a good toner is the ‘rinse cycle’ of your skincare routine. Don’t miss it out!
- Spray toner on to a fresh piece of dampened cotton wool pad.
- Wipe over face and neck.
Step 3: Moisturise
For your morning routine, we recommend using an SPF moisturiser to keep your skin protected throughout the day. In the evening (before bed), or on a rest day, you could replace your normal moisturiser with night cream or resting cream.
- Apply 1-2 (light) pumps of your favourite moisturiser on to your fingers.
- Massage upward and outward all over the face and neck.
- Make-up can be applied at this point.
Step 4: Special Attention
Now is the time to apply any special attention products that you want to use. You’ll have your own favourite skincare products, of course, but here are some of ours:
EXALT firming neck gel – put a 5p amount on the back of your hand. Rub the backs of your hands together and stroke or roll them up your neck, smoothing out the skin with the flat part of the back of your hands as you go.
BE STRONG strengthening treatment serum - pump once on to your finger (a little goes a long way), then with both hands press gently in to the face and neck. The serum is quickly absorbed and there is no need to massage it in.
WINDOWS OF THE SOUL eye treatment – apply one drop on to your wedding finger, then tap lightly in to the skin around your eye (not on the actual lid itself).
LIFE DEFENCE SPF 25 for face – if you are going to be spending any time outdoors, it’s always a good idea to apply your SPF now. Using only a very light layer, massage upwards and outwards. A moisturiser can be applied over the top, or you can use LIFE DEFENCE as your moisturiser for the day.